+1 (218) 451-4151 info@writersnest.org

Organic versus non-organic foods are always being debated to whether they are worth the extra cost. This seems to be an easy question, at first, but begs a more in-depth analysis to come to a conclusion. Organic definitions can vary by government, company and even individuals. Many people have their own ideas of what organic means. My personal definition, before this research assignment, was that organic products were grown with no pesticides, chemical additives, or preservatives and grown in a humane way. Meaning that if it said 100% organic, that is what was meant. This however, is not the case when it comes to the government’s definition of organic, according to T. A. Niewold who wrote, “Organic More Healthy; Green Shoots in a Scientific Semi-Desert”. There are many cases when just a simple term can change the whole meaning of a definition. Such is the case when describing organic eggs. According to Niewold, only 80% of the food that the chickens eat has to be “organic” while no one pays attention to the other 20% (21). This is just one example of why I believe that ou…
… middle of paper …