Instructions:The view the short film listed at http://withoutsanctuary.org/. Answer the questions listed below in complete sentences, using a short answer/paragraph format.
1. What is the title of the film you picked?
2. Why did you pick this film over the others offered?
3. What is/are the central message(s) of this documentary/fictional film? Be specific. Use examples from the film to support your choice.
4. Consider the effectiveness of the film for this history class.
5. What are its strengths and weaknesses of this film in documenting history?
6. How do you think the filmmakers want the audience to respond? Is there a social justice message? If so, what is it?7.
7. Did the documentary leave you with any unanswered questions? If so, what were they?
8. How did this film change any misconceptions or stereotypes you had about the subject matter? If so, what were they?
9. What is the most important thing you learned from watching the film?
10.Why is this film important to understanding contemporary African American History?