SGM PC Depot is a start-up company that is designed to offer computer products and other gadgets. SGM PC Depot allows businesses and individuals to be informed of the latest trend in technology and grab it in the most accessible way through the internet. With SGM PC Depot, you can choose and shop a wide variety of computers, laptops, and gadgets at all times and you have 24-hour access to us. Customers can avail our products and our service by subscribing to our server on the internet.
As with any start-up company, SGM PC Depot recognizes its risks. We are a new company and as such, we will need to meet market acceptance. To that end, the company is working to determine trends in the industry, the needs of the customer, and how best to address the needs of the customer.
We expect to compete as a thriving computer industry. The computer industry has stable growth in the Philippines today. Laptops are now in demand as they replace the need for personal computers.
SGM PC Depot was established in 2009 to provide computer products with features that give users the ability to remain in touch with the latest trend of personal computers, laptops and gadgets. The company was founded by Mr. Groyon, Ms. Salvador and Ms. Mulles.
At SGM PC Depot, our mission is to provide an online computer shop that provides individuals with quality and trendy products at affordable prices.
II. Financial Risks and Contingencies
The company recognizes that it is subject to both market and industry risks. We believe our risks are as follows, and we are addressing each as indicated.
• Start-up Company. We face all the risks associated with being a start-up company. We feel that we can overcome these with our experience in the industry and by quickly establishing desired relationships.
• Security. Security is a major issue, but all products provide security options: payment-on-accounts are password-protected and have specific buyer-only access rights.
III. Products Description
Optimum performance, superior technologies and reliable service are the characteristics of our computer product lines. We carry the leading brands of Personal Computers, Laptops & Notebooks loaded with licensed software and Clone Computers using the latest computer technology that comes with 1 year warranty in cash and easy installment packages of up to 1 year, user friendly designs and superb service anytime and anywhere in the Philippines. Our computers can give you an amazing edge in technology.
Affordable Branded Notebooks
• Acer Aspire One
Intel® Atom™ processor N270 (1.60 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 512 KB L2 cache) Mobile Intel® 945GSE Express Chipset Mobile Intel® 82801GBM Chipset Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® Supports 512 MB/1 GB soDIMM 160GB HDD 2.5″ 9.5 mm 8.9″ WSVGA high-brightness Windows XP Home Edition OS
• EXTENSA 4630Z-321G16MN
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T3200 (2.0GHz, 1MB Cache, 667 FSB) Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset 14.1″ WXGA LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution Intel Graphics Media accelerator 4500MHD 64 MB Dedicated Memory up to 1659 MB Shared Memory 160GB SATA HDD Built in 8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive Integrated Bluetooth 2.0 +EDR Vista Business Operating System
• ACER AS2930Z-341G16MN
Intel® Pentium Dual Core Processor T3400 (2.16 GHz, 1MB, 667 FSB) Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset 1 GB DDR2 Memory ( Upgradeable up to 4GB ) 12.1″ WXGA CrystalBrite LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution Intel Graphics Media accelerator 4500MHD with up to 1759 MB DVMT 5.0 160GB SATA HDD Built in 8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive Windows Vista Home Basic
• ACER ASPIRE 4520-501G12MI
Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology Pentium Duo T2390 (1.86GHz) 512MB DDR2 RAM 14.1″ WXGA TFT LCD,1280 x 800pixel resolution Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100 with up to 358/3845 MB of Intel® DVMT 8 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 350/3765 MB of shared system 120GB HDD Integrated8XDVD-Super Multi Double-LayerDrive Linux
• ASUS EEEPC 900
Intel Mobile Celeron 900MHZ Intel UMA 8.9″ WXGA 1GB Memory 20GB HDD WFI 802.11 0.3M Webcam OS – LINUX
• HP 2133 MINI NOTEBOOK VISTA
VIA C7™-M ULV processor (1.0 GHz, 128 KB L2 cache, 400 MHz FSB) VIA 896 Chipset 1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM 120-GB 5400 rpm SMART SATA Genuine Windows Vista Business 32 8.9-inch diagonal WXGA scratch-resistant display VIA Chrome 9 Up to 256 MB of shared system memory for Windows with 2 GB of system memory
• PSC 1410 All-in-One
• DeskJet 5440 Photo Printer
Photo inkjet printer
• GoGear Flash
SGM PC Depot offers PC and laptop repair any time at our shop on Gilmore, Quezon City. We assure our customers of quality service guaranteed best or their money back.
IV. Market Analysis Summary
We expect to compete as a thriving company in the computer industry. The demand for computers and laptops has been growing and the need to address the demand has been inclining. Different companies have been competing to get more on the market share on this industry.
A review of all of our markets is given below:
1. Small businesses. According to trends, the computers will no longer be just a marketing vehicle; it will become the backbone of a company’s business infrastructure. Companies use the computer to aid them on their business activities. This gives them an excellent medium to raise their profile and recruit employees.
2. Individuals. A lot of people today especially students has been creating a need for laptops to be used on their daily activities and help them communicate with their loved ones anywhere they are.
3. Corporations. Corporations have discovered that the technologies employed by the Internet, particularly the infrastructure and standards of the World Wide Web, are an inexpensive and powerful alternative to other forms of internal corporate communication. This is why the need for laptops on offices is increasing.
Customer Buying Criteria
Customers are expected to use our products and avail of our services based on traditional factors:
o Price. Pricing is one of our competitive advantages. We offer prices that are lower than those of any of competitors.
o Service. Customers not only expect the best service but value for money, which is what we give them in our products.
V. Service Business Analysis
There are major online computer shops that we will be competing such as Qube, K Serviko, JolliPC etc. These companies are known in this industry only that their pricing is higher than ours.
Barriers to Entry
SGM PC Depot will benefit from several significant barriers to entry which includes:
o Development Team. We have a development team that is up to date with the latest in the computer industry. With this team, we feel confident that we will become a dominant player in the industry and continue to produce and enhance our products with time.
o Diversification. Anyone coming into the market will find it difficult to duplicate what we have because of our diversification. We offer products that are with multi-dimensional features.
o Market Penetration. Once we are in the market and established, it will; be difficult for someone to break into a market where someone is operating successfully.
Strategy and Implementation Summary
We intend to become the leader and most creative provider of computers and gadgets on the market. We aim to provide latest and quality computers that will be an integral component in any personal or business environment. We will do this by developing an innovative and progressive development and management team. We will also accomplish our goal by using customer input to further develop our products and services. We will leverage these products in the computer industry to dominate the growing online computer shop in the market. We have premium products from which the buyer can choose the one that best suits their needs. These strategic product lines will enable domination of the target market. The products all share the core features but differ on prices.
We will have online advertisements that will be effective for our shop to be known on the web. We will also be giving leaflets for our brick and mortar shop.
We plan to set our pricing based on competitor’s pricing. Prices will also be based on market prices for similar off- the-shelf and on-the-shelf products. The automatic upgrade and product enhancement features do not affect the price of any of our services.
The company plans to form strategic alliance with LBC. LBC would help in the fast delivery of products to different regions around the Philippines.
VI. Value Proposition
• Knowledgeable Repair men. We know systems, networks, connectivity, programming, and all the new trends in computer accessories and hardware and data management. Our employees are knowledgeable in computer and with expertise on the new trends offered around the globe. They are trained to do services such as computer repair as well. Our customer’s satisfaction is our priority.
• Quality and Price. We guaranty our customers that are products are with high quality and yet affordable. This is one of our marketing strategies. We give them state-of –the art computers and accessories as well. We make sure that we will offer only quality products and quality service or their money back.
• Accessibility. Customers from different regions can have an easy access to our shop in just a click to their computers.
• Trendy. We make sure that our products are latest trends and affordable.